So I could write a nice long post about all the stuff we have been up to and some excuses as to why I have (as per normal) failed to update the news section; but what you are actually getting is a list of things coming up over the next couple of months.
- 6th Sept Larkham & Hall Gig
- 8th Sept Discworld Quiz & themed tasting I
- 9th Sept Monthly Book Club
- 10th Sept Kadonnut Manner
- 11th Sept Monthly Shanty Session
- 14th Sept Long Live the Local – Music for the War on Cancer
- 18th Sept CAMRA Gala awards Evening
- 18th-22nd Sept Autumn Beer Festival
- 20th Sept Rosedale Gig
- 21st Sept Little Hannah Afternoon Acoustic
- 22nd Sept Eclectricians DJ set
- 27th Sept Macmillan Coffee Afternoon
- 28th Sept Plan C Lectures
- 2nd Oct West Reading Eco Refills pop-up
- 4th Oct Elie Rees Gig
- 5th Oct Charity Gin tasting
- 6th Oct Gearoid O’Meachair & Matt Bashford Folk
- 9th Oct Monthly Shanty Session
- 10th Oct Indie Eats pop-up food event
- 12th Oct Discworld Quiz & themed tasting II
- 14th Oct Monthly Book Club
- 20th Oct Tutored Cider Tasting
- 25th Oct Cut-Throat Francis
- 31st Oct Travelling Talesman Storyteller
- 2nd Nov Halloween Party – Harry Potter theme + Quiz
Hopefully details to follow
So what a summer we have been having –
A heatwave; England putting forward a decent performance in the sportsball; Silverware for our darts team; a brand new font for the cider, a new lager on the T-Bar & a new West Berks hand-pull.
We have had Georgian food, BBQs, Live Music, an Art Installation, book club and some fabulous themed drinks evenings.
But obviously it is not over yet! [Even if the weather breaks] Plus the Autumn is going to Rock.
July 22nd we have a Bourbon-Themed pub quiz organised by local Evan Williams rep and well-known cocktail slinger Josh Homerston
July 29th is Live Music from Leon C with support from Dan O’Farrell
August 11th is our Summer Party with some awesome music from Undying Heads plus unusual and gorgeous drinks.
There is probably more but I’ve forgotten already, but September we definitely have a super gig lined up from Davey Dodds (8th) plus save the dates for our Autumn Beer Festival (20th-23rd).
See you soon
Its February already; the 6 Nations has started, the Ale Trail has started and we’ve got stacks of music and tastings lined up. – Gigs for the next 5(?) weekends…
But this month there are a couple of new ventures we’d like you to get involved with – a brand new book club and a jam night.
Since we opened we have had a little donation library by the fireplace but we want to extend that into the back room and if we can get you guys together it’d be great to have a monthly book club. If you want an incentive to read something new, or an excuse to meet up with other people who enjoy reading then you should join us on the last monday of the month and help us work out what to do next.
Or if you are a little more musically inclined on the last wednesday of the month, in association with Boogie Wookie, we will have a drop in Jam session. So if you fancy trialling a new band or finding someone to play with or just listening to some local talent pop in and share a few tunes.
We look forward to seeing you